Friday, February 8, 2013

A Little To Do List Frustration


As January was coming to a close I found myself getting really frustrated with the progress of my latest To Do list.  Why wasn’t I getting stuff done?!  Then it occurred to me…there are only 24 hours in a day.  Yeah, whatever. 

As I sat and reflected over the past month I realized that I had some serious obstacles getting in my way.  First we all began the month getting over head colds.  Then the weather was really bad, but blaming the weather at first seemed like a really weak excuse. 

However, I realized that contending with a lot of snow, ice and freezing cold temperatures requires a lot of extra time.  I shoveled A LOT of snow last month.  I spent nearly two hours one morning trying to de-ice my truck so I could slowly drive my girls to school.  It took longer to drive everywhere because of the road conditions which required us to leave earlier and caused us to arrive home later. 

We spent a lot more time caring for our chickens because we wanted to make sure they were getting plenty of food and water plus warmth.  It took longer to care for them too, because of snow, iced up doors and frozen water containers. 

It seemed that every task I attempted to do, even the grocery shopping, was taking longer.  Absolutely no dashing in and out of stores last month.  Any dashing and you’d be on your keester in no time. 

There were some fun things on my To Do list last month, like making birthday cards, that I really wanted to get done.  I got all the non-fun stuff done, except for my ironing pile.  It continues to mock me.
 
So enough with that!  I will begin again with a new list and I’ll just see how well I do.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I'm a little hard on myself and don't feel like I get enough done. I'm only one person and have to accept I can only do so much. :) Glad I'm not the only one that feels like this sometimes.

    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing.. and i've seen your lists... they're as bad as mine! lol!! We need to "lighten" up a bit sometimes don't you think? I'm right there with you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...