Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Household Replacement List


At the beginning of the year I made a list.  Nothing unusual in that statement, if you happen to know me, as I tend to do that.  I’m a list maker.  In fact, I made several lists. 

One of the lists I made is what I call a Household Replacement list.  I make notes of all the items that are wearing out or needing replacement or upgrade.  Then I organize it in order of priority.  I keep this list in my day planner so I always have it handy and when I run across a great sale I can tick something off. 

Some of the things on the list are things like the girls needed new tennis shoes for school, we all needed a new set of sheets for our beds, my leather coat is shot, I would like a new watch (low priority), etc., etc., etc. 

Good thing I was able to cancel our No Spend Month because I have been able to tick quite a few items off my list in February: 

·        Fred Meyer had a great sheet sale.  I was able to get really nice sheets sets for all of us including a set for each of the girls at $9.99 each and a set for my bed at $16.99.  They are soft and feel so nice to sleep in too.
·        Tennis shoes off the clearance rack at ShopKo back in January.
·        A leather coat to replace my old worn out one for $50.20 off eBay.
·        Brand new winter coats with the tags still on for the girls at $9.99 each at a local thrift store.
·        Several canning jars I’ve picked up for 35¢ to 65¢ a piece at a local thrift store. 

That is what I’ve managed to get so far and I only have a few more items left on the list.  I plan to continue working on it throughout the year and will post updates on my progress.

 

Do you do anything like this?

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe I never thought of this. I am going to borrow your idea.
    Brilliant, thanks for sharing.

    Here is the recipe for Poppy Seed Dressing, in the summer we have it over romaine lettuce with fresh strawberries sliced and sliced almonds.
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Poppyseed-Salad-Dressing/Detail.aspx?prop24=RD_RelatedRecipes

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea, that way you have time to look for deals, etc... :) Never thought about keeping a list in my purse. I go my memory. *eek!* lol!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always think I'll remember stuff - ha! Not so much - LOL!

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...