Monday, February 11, 2013

Last Week’s Thrifty Moves

Washed zipper bags hanging to dry. 
Strategically placed over the dirty clothes basket to catch drips.
Sunday morning I used up a bunch of leftover wax I had saved from spent candles to make three new candles in votive cups I already had. 

I made turkey broth from a turkey back I had in the freezer. 

I made a loaf of rye bread. 

I finished the gift I started last week. 

I knitted myself a hat out of yarn I already had in my knitting bag. 

I sold two dozen eggs to a friend. 

I purchased five wide mouth quart size canning jars from the thrift store for 65¢ each plus a vintage square half pint jar for 65¢.  I plan to use the half pint jar for storing homemade salad dressing. 

I darned a pair of socks. 

I worked on my other afghan I started with yarn scraps. 

I started a Christmas gift for my one of my daughters. 

The chickens blessed us with 15 eggs this week!  Way to go ladies!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome as always! And 15 eggs! yay!! They're up 2 from the usual I see! lol!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...