Monday, December 2, 2013

Last Week’s Thrifty Moves

 
Last week I printed out a new 2014 calendar for my dayplanner.  I created it using my Publisher software on my computer and then I printed it out. 

I put the finishing touches on our annual Christmas letter that I tuck into our Christmas cards I send out every year. 

I sent out three Thanksgiving greeting cards I had purchased a few weeks ago for 50¢ each at the dollar store.  I love that the dollar store has really nice and affordable greeting cards that I can pick and choose from because I really enjoy sending them out to friends and loved ones.  At $3 to $6 each at the regular store it makes it completely unaffordable for me to purchase them. 

I used part of a gift card to purchase two coat hooks which I mounted to the side of a cabinet near the door.  Now we have a great place to hang our coats up and out of the way plus it didn't cost me anything to do it. 

I gave myself a pedicure and a manicure at home. 

I made more refill solution for our foaming soap dispenser in the bathroom. 

I filled my gas tank on my car and saved an extra 10¢ a gallon using my Fred Meyer rewards card.  I had saved up enough gas points.  Yeah! 

I used my Good Sam Club membership to refill one of our propane tanks for half price. 

We used up the contents of three of our upside down lotion bottles and then put the empty bottles in the recycle bin.  Only one more left to go.  I love that there is less clutter now with those gone and nothing was wasted. 

We gave our kitchen scraps to the neighbors chickens. 

A friend of mine gave me half the carcass from the Thanksgiving turkey she made so I could make broth.  Love her!  She also sent me home with leftovers, enough for two nights.  We were pretty happy about that because the best part of Thanksgiving is the leftovers.  And that I don't have to cook! 

While dropping off some orders at the post office I restocked my mailing supplies from the priority mail free supply kiosk.  I also bought a book of Christmas stamps while I was there. 

I did absolutely NO SHOPPING on BLACK FRIDAY! Not even online. 

On Black Friday we dug out our favorite movies from our own DVD collection and made it a chick flick afternoon - Pretty Woman, The Wedding Date and Dirty Dancing. 

We watched all of our favorite TV shows on Hulu for free once again. 

How was your thrifty week last week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...