Monday, December 16, 2013

Last Week’s Thrifty Moves

 
I mailed out my Christmas cards complete with a copy of our annual Christmas letter.  I also dropped off five orders to mail out and picked up more free supplies from the priority mail supply kiosk while I was there. 

I shopped only for sales items and used a few coupons to further reduce my cost of those items.  I also bought two 16 oz. containers of sour cream on markdown for 59¢ each. 

I listed and sold several items on eBay.  I have been taking advantage of eBay's free listing offers saving myself 30¢ per listing.  Since I have about fifty items listed each month this is a sizeable chunk of change. 

I sold an item from my Etsy store. 

I borrowed a heat lamp from a friend in order to help us keep the water flowing and thaw out our frozen bathtub drain.

 
I spent 58¢ each on two small bottles of Tru-Moo chocolate milk so the girls would have two new drink containers for their lunch boxes.  They are the perfect size and durability for packing their drinks in plus they don't leak.  I couldn't buy and empty container for that little and these came filled.  I'd say that is a win-win. 

We watched our favorite TV shows on Hulu and Amazon.  We listened to music on YouTube, the radio and on our CD player using CDs from our own collection. 

 
I found a 24" artificial Christmas tree at Walgreens on sale for $6.99.  We went to the dollar store to buy additional ornaments to decorate it with for $4.16. 

 
I gave myself a Christmas pedicure at home complete with a little glittery polish over my red for added holiday sparkle.  Everything I used I had on hand. 

We used every last bit out of a bottle of shampoo and a tube of toothpaste this week. 

We watched our favorite TV shows on Hulu and Amazon again.  I watched a couple movies out of our DVD collection.  I also watched music videos on Youtube. 


On Friday I went to my Bunco Christmas party.  We enjoyed a potluck dinner (taco bar, I had to bring a 16 oz. container of sour cream) and a white elephant gift exchange.  My gift was a set of Christmas napkins and napkin rings I'd never used.  The recipient seemed happy to get them.  The gift I received was a pair of fuzzy socks and a bottle of my favorite scent of lotion from Bath & Body Works.  Yes, I was very happy to get that! 


I got to bring home leftover taco shells from the party. 

I picked up two free Christmas coloring sheets at the grocery store checkout counter for my girls.  It made for a solid hour of entertainment for the girls Saturday afternoon while they worked on them. 

I made ice blocks by setting gallon jugs filled with water outside overnight. 

I made homemade marmalade for the very first time. 

I made labels for all the jars of homemade beverage mixes and the marmalade on my computer using mailing labels I already had on hand. 

How was your thrifty week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...