Friday, December 6, 2013

Manicure & Pedicure Set

 
Professional manicures and pedicures are not in my budget.  A long time ago, for about a year, I treated myself to a set of gel nails.  It was an expensive treat.  Once I decided to adopt my girls that was the first thing to go in order to save money up for the expense of adoption.  I have never had them since. 

I had never had a professional pedicure until last summer.  When I mentioned this to a friend of mine she went out and bought me a gift certificate to have one done.  It was heavenly.  She got me another one for my birthday so now I've had two of them. 

When we got ready to move I put together a simple assortment of things for manicures in a zippered cosmetic bad with the idea that I would put more effort into doing my nails.  Since then I've expanded that to include pedicures. 


This is what I have: 

·         Nail clippers
·         Emery boards
·         Cotton balls & swabs
·         Polish remover
·         Nail polish
·         Top coat
·         Foot scrub
·         Lotion
·         Combination foot brush & pumice stone 

Once a month I give myself a pedicure.  I soak my feet in warm water and use my foot scrub (birthday gift from my girls) and brush.  After drying my feet I trim my toe nails and then put on two coats of my favorite red nail polish (a Mother's Day gift from my girls) followed by a coat of clear top coat.  I allow the polish to dry between coats.  After applying the topcoat I put my feet up and relax, watch a TV show on my laptop and enjoy a beverage.  When my program ends I slather my feet with lotion and I'm finished.  I make it an event. 

Once a week I give myself a manicure.  It is a much simpler affair than a pedicure.  I remove my old polish, trim and file my nails and then wash my hands.  After I dry them I apple two coats of clear polish and allow to dry.  Next I put on some hand lotion.  That's it.  I keep my nails rather short and my manicures pretty much fuss free. 

The girls and I will often sit around the table and do each other's nails for fun.  We've even declared a Sunday afternoon as a spa day and we've all had a pedicure.  It makes for a fun event and an excellent time to bond and visit with each other while pampering ourselves. 

A manicure and/or pedicure set would also make a great gift, don’t you think?  So would a gift certificate to have one done professionally. 

Do you indulge in a pedicure from time to time?

3 comments:

  1. I have never had a manicure or pedicure. I attribute this to being too cheap to spend the money :) My mom buys my sister certificates for the spa to have these things done, for birthdays and Christmas, but for some reason she has never thought to buy me one. I would like it I am sure. The only way I would ever had one done is if someone bought me a gift certificate. So.....it is doubtful I will ever experience a manicure or pedicure. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, having one done professionally isn't a priority of mine. I don't mind my home spa mani-pedis. In fact, I much prefer it. I can do it when I want and I don't have to go anywhere to get it done. If I never have another one done professionally I'll live. :)

      Delete
  2. Pink Cosmetics,Manicure and Pedicure,Greece,Makeup brushes,Makeup brush set,Cosmetics online,Beauty products,Contour makeup ,Foundation makeup,Cheap makeup brushes,Face makeup,Professional makeup brushes,Cosmetics online shopping.

    Manicure and Pedicure

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...