Tuesday, March 11, 2014

I Treated Myself - To A Plant

Mine is just a starter plant.
Someday it will look like this.

I've been working really hard the past couple of weeks so I decided I had earned a treat.  I wanted a plant to put on my desk at work so Friday night I went to Fred Meyer and picked out a cute little plant.  A Peace Lily to be exact.  I love their pretty green leaves and the way the white blooms shoot up out of the center of the plant from time to time.

I picked out a cool bamboo, self watering container that was on sale and a small bag of potting soil.  After dinner I got my plant all potted up and ready to take to work with me Monday.  Now I just have to do my best not to kill it.  I do have that dreaded black thumb, you know.

I kept the little plastic pot the plant came in because I think it will be great to use to start a tomato plant in.  I also will be able to use the leftover potting soil to plant my seeds in which I hope to start doing very soon.

Even when you are trying to be "uber thrifty" a few treats every now and then are important for your emotional well being.  I don't think we should feel deprived along the way of achieving our goals for the year. 

How are some ways you've treated yourself lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...