Thursday, June 19, 2014

A Garden Update


This is probably not the update you were expecting, but I have no garden.  Despite my best efforts and intentions my seeds started out and then withered away.  I have to confess.

I am a murderer.

I just can't seem to grow anything.  My black thumb has presented itself yet again.  My pots and containers I had collected sit empty and will continue to do so I'm afraid.  When it comes to vegetable gardening, quite frankly, I suck!

Good thing I am not a farmer.  We'd all be starving.

So I will concentrate on what I do better.  I will visit the orchards and the farmers markets and purchase my produce from those who know what the heck they are doing and bring it home to can and preserve.

Sometimes you just need to accept your limitations.

On a more positive note my darling daughters don't seem to be blessed the same as I and the flowers they planted from seed are doing wonderfully.  They put them in the flower pots at the front door and I love having them to greet me every time I come home from work.  Perhaps next spring I should put them in charge of any attempts at vegetable gardening and just stay completely out of it. 

Are you growing a garden this year?

6 comments:

  1. Oh, that's so sad and frustrating! I can relate - I am NOT a gardener. Fortunately, the previous owners of this house left us a great start to a garden (lots of gorgeous flowers, raspberries, strawberries, asparagus), and my hubby has a green thumb and loves playing in the dirt. So I get to enjoy the fruits of their labor, and all I have to do is water when he's busy!
    - molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I need to do. Find me a honey with a green thumb!! Brilliant! :) Thanks Molly. ;)

      Delete
  2. Hee Hee! You made me chuckle. Sorry to hear about your garden. I stink at it too. I never even got one started this year. But on the plus side- I went to the orchard today and got a tote bagful of goodies! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our weather has been so nuts this year. But I really can't blame it all on the weather, or can I ..... ? :)

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear about your gardening misadventures.

    I always thought I lacked a green thumb but, no, it is mainly just indoor plants I kill. If they are outside, they thrive just fine. It helps, I suppose, the weather here tends to be warm and humid. Our garden seems to adore it.

    Glad your daughters have green thumbs. Maybe they can plant everything next time. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I can totally kill indoor plants. No problem at all. I currently have zero plants in the house.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...