Monday, June 30, 2014

Last Week's Thrifty Moves

We packed a picnic, grabbed some friends and spent the day fishing and exploring the old pioneer cemetery in Idaho City.  It was a super fun day!

I did not need to buy groceries or gas this week!

We borrowed The Odd Life Of Timothy Green from the library for Family Movie Nite.

The girls turned in their Summer Reading Program sheets and received free meal coupons at some of their favorite restaurants and a free ticket to the rodeo coming up next month.  The prizes this year are pretty awesome.

I watched a show on Hulu and two on Amazon.  My oldest and I watched Jane Austen's Persuasion on Amazon as well.

I listened to music on YouTube while I worked at my laptop.  Yes, I was writing! J

We made good use of our leftovers for lunches and dinners.  We gave our kitchen scraps to the neighbor's chickens.  Unfortunately we had to toss out a bag of potatoes that went bad.

I used a little bleach and some hot water to soak my white coffee cups and remove all the coffee and tea stains.  They look brand new.

I cleaned out and reorganized my kitchen cabinets and drawers.  I purged a few things while I was at it to give us more room.  I was able to take an inventory of all my food storage supplies and determined the only thing I'll need to purchase is canning lids, which is already on my list.

On Friday night we made homemade pizza.  While we were at it we made extra dough and put away four balls of dough in the freezer.

I made pancake syrup. 

How was your thrifty week last week?



2 comments:

  1. Yesterday I made homemade pizza! And homemade macarons! It was a quiet week at our house. :-)

    - molly

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...