Tuesday, June 3, 2014

My Uber Thrifty Month - May In Review

While I hit all of my financial goals and massacred my savings goal this month I'm afraid my grocery budget was woefully overdrawn.  Darn it!  I'm going to have to work on that.

Happily I was able to pay all of our monthly bills with no trouble.  Our power bill was the lowest we've had since we moved here so that was very nice.  I made my three financial goals for the month as well - medical bills, credit card & business debt elimination.

Because I had five paychecks in May I was also able to put one entire check into savings which helped me to exceed my savings goal by 400%!  I was super excited about this.  My other savings goal, in addition to my savings account, is to contribute $10 every month to my Christmas fund - done!

Additionally, I was able to make some repairs to the RV, upgrade my bed with a new pad and mattress cover, buy supplies for some routine maintenance to my truck, fill our 7 gallon propane tank, keep gas in my vehicles, buy groceries, go out to dinner with a friend, go out to lunch with my daughter, pay for a yearbook and a field trip for my youngest, give the girls their allowance, give my oldest daughter some money to attend a school dance, fund my cell phone service for the next three months or so ($39.99), renew my license plates on the truck, help my oldest buy supplies to make things for her fundraising project and fund our Mother/Daughter day. 

Whew!  That seems like a lot.  Needless to say, I am pretty darn happy about it. J

4 comments:

  1. Whoa! That IS a lot that you accomplished! Great month!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really amazing! My husband and I are in the process of downsizing - we just moved to a rental which is cheaper than the house we own. Now we just need to either rent out our house or sell it. It hasn't been an easy process, but it is a necessary one. This month will see increased spending (double rent & some things needed to make the rental work), but going forward we should be see a decrease in expenses. Your weekly and monthly updates are very motivating - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I moved into the trailer their was the expense of the trailer, the space rent plus a deposit, hook up fees on the electricity, and general set up costs so I totally get what you mean. Once all your added expenses of your move is done and behind you you should see results and rather quickly. I rented out my house and will most likely put it up for sale as "a good rental investment property". No rental in my neighborhood ever stays vacant so that should help with the sale. Hang in there, you'll make it happen. :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...