Wednesday, October 22, 2014

HalloWine Party Plans On A Budget

Some of the ladies I work with have been anxious for a get together at my house.  I decided to have them over for a Halloween themed wine party.  I set a budget of $25 to put this together.

I made the invitations on my computer and hand delivered them so no postage was needed.

The dollar store supplied me with Halloween plates, napkins, a black plastic table cloth and a package of toy rings.  I thought the rings would make great wine glass markers.  Pretty clever, huh?  Total spent - $5.

Two bottles of wine on sale for $5.99 each at Walgreens plus a$2 rebate on each bottle.  Total spent $9.98.

Isn't this cute?  I tested it out to make sure they didn't fall off.
They didn't.  LOL.
I plan to make a few appetizers using items I already have on hand but I also needed a few items as well.  I bought half a pound of shrimp on sale for $3.99/lb and cream cheese on sale for 88¢ each along with a bottle of cocktail sauce for $.99.  I also picked up two boxes of crackers on sale for 2/$4 and used a $1 coupon - Total spent - $6.87

Ever make this easy shrimp dip?
Layer cream cheese with cocktail sauce and shrimp.  Serve with crackers.
Walgreens had peanuts and candy corn on sale so I picked up a bag of each to mix together and set out in small dishes - total spent $2.99.

On the invitations I asked the ladies to bring a bottle of wine or an appetizer to share so there will have plenty to enjoy.  This not only helps with the expense but allows us to sample a larger variety wines and tasty appetizers.  
Grand total spent $24.84.  Barely made it but I did it!



4 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I might have to try this next year

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool! I think this is a nice idea for a get-together. And I have to say the appetizers are awesome- that shrimp cocktail dip looks so good (and easy!) I love candy corn and I love peanuts but until I read this I had never thought of putting them together! Great job with the planning and the budget!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn You have got to try the candy corn and peanuts. Takes it to a whole different level.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...