Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Roasted Lemon Pepper Chicken & Vegetables


One of our favorite Sunday dinners is easily a roast chicken dinner.  There are many ways to make a roast chicken, either whole or pieces, and they are all easy and delicious.  One of our favorites is Lemon Chicken.

I start by thoroughly washing a chicken and letting it dry a bit.  Meanwhile I cut up carrots, onions, celery and potatoes.  I find yellow or red potatoes more flavorful.  I coat a baking dish with non stick spray and arrange the vegetables in the pan.

After seasoning both sides of the chicken with lemon pepper I place the pieces on top of the vegetables.  I cover the dish with a sheet of foil and place in the oven for an hour at 350° for an hour before removing the foil and allowing it to bake another thirty minutes. 

The chicken falls off the bone and the juices flavor the roasted vegetables to perfection.  Leftovers reheat beautifully too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...