Friday, October 3, 2014

I've Decided To Make Some Christmas Cards


With less than three months left until the big day I decided it is time to get in gear and get in the spirit.  I had planned to pick up a box of Christmas cards at the dollar store since I had sold off the bulk of my stock at a yard sale and then subsequently sent out what I had saved last Christmas leaving me with exactly zero cards left.

One thing we do have an abundance of around here are craft supplies so it seemed rather silly to spend money, even a dollar, to buy something I can make myself.  Plus I love making them!

I did a post early on in January of 2013 about how I make my Christmas cards so I thought I'd review with all of you because this weekend I plan on sitting down with a nice warm beverage and making a set of these for myself.  These are pretty stinking easy and you don't have to have a lot of artsy talent to make these.  That is why I can do it. J

Three Christmases ago someone sent me an email with this super cute picture in it.  I liked it so much that I saved it so I could make Christmas cards with it.  You are welcome to use the picture if you'd like.  Here are the instructions. 

Once I get these done I will be ready for card sending this year.  All I’ll have to do is print off my mailing labels, which I have already updated, and buy some Christmas stamps when they become available at the post office.  I also like to tuck in a little Christmas letter and pictures of the kiddos too. 

Do you send out Christmas cards?  Do you write a Christmas letter or take a family photo?  Have you ever made your own Christmas cards?

2 comments:

  1. Ok- I think I am finally ready to really start thinking about Christmas now. We have had so many other things going on that it just wasn't in the front of my mind, but after this weekend I can start planning and shopping and preparing. I think your cards are just so cute! I like snowmen and gingerbread men, so this design is right up my alley. :)
    I made our Christmas cards two years in a row. The first year I did something similar to what you did and the second year I made them the same way except I used a picture I took of the kids next to the Christmas tree on the front. Two years ago I went to Walmart several days after Christmas and ended up getting some really cute cards for less than a dollar a box so I had those for last year and with the cards I included a picture I took of the kids by the tree again. I have to check out what I have left to see what I am going to do this year. If I still have enough then I will just take the kids pics again and use what I have. If I don't have enough I will probably go back to making my own. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember the last time I bought Christmas cards. But with friends and family scattered everywhere I find it is really important to send them out. I like to add a letter and pics too.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...