Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Christmas All Year Long – Christmas Cards

With less than a year left until Christmas it is time to get busy!  J 

This year I, once again, plan to do something each month to prepare for Christmas.  This month I made Christmas cards.  About four years ago I was very blessed when my grandfather mailed me a large box of leftover Christmas cards he had collected over the years.  He thought I might be able to get some use out of them.  He was absolutely right!  I have used them for the last four Christmas and even shared some of them with a friend.  I am now down to the last half dozen so it is time to make more for next year.

 
I decided to make twenty.  Two Christmases ago someone sent me an email with this cute picture in it.  I liked it so much that I saved it so I could make Christmas cards with it.  I printed it off as 3” X 5” pictures on my computer and cut them out.  Then I cut squares of red cardstock at 3½” X 5½”.  I centered and glued the picture onto the red cardstock.

 

Next, in Word, I selected page options of “landscaped”, .5” margins all the way around, and 2 columns.  I selected my preferred font, font color, centered and typed the script I decided to go with.  I entered down until it was in position at the bottom half to the page in column one.  Then I copied and pasted it into column two and entered spaces down until it matched.

 
I printed this onto white cardstock and then cut each card in half at 5½”.  Next I folded the top down and centered and glued my bordered picture in place.  I buy invitation size envelopes for all my greeting cards so I added one to each card.
 
I am now ready for card sending next year.  All I’ll have to do is print off my mailing labels, which I have already updated, and buy some stamps. 


I had everything I needed on hand this year so I had no additional expenses incurred in this project.  It was pretty fun and easy to do and makes a great family project.  Best part is I did it myself.

5 comments:

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...