Friday, January 25, 2013

No Spend Month


February is usually our no spend month.  You may think I chose February because it is the shortest month of the year but that really isn’t the reason, just a bonus.  I chose February because that is the month when our highest heating bill of the year arrives.  I usually get it the end of January and it is due in February around the 10th. 

A No Spend Month for us is to cut out all unnecessary spending to help us tighten our belts after paying the high heat bill. 

So there will be NO: 

·         Eating out
·         Trips to the $ Store
·         Trips to the thrift stores
·         Online ordering
·         Shopping of any kind
·         Trips to the gas station (hopefully) 

What I will spend money on in February is food for us and for our animals.  That one I can’t exclude, obviously, but I will stay within budget. 

I have Bunco in February and so in order not to cheat I will be using my winnings in December to pay my $5.  No new money spent.  If I canceled my appearance at Bunco for this No Spend challenge I would get seriously throttled. 

Do you or have you ever declared a No Spend Month?  Would you consider it?  Want to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...