Monday, January 28, 2013

Last Week’s Thrifty Moves


Monday, with it being a national and school holiday, I took the girls bargain grocery shopping for items on sale at various stores that are on our February and March shopping lists.  I can now say we safely have a year’s worth of meat in our freezer along with a pantry chocked full of staples.  We spent less than $60. 

I took the girls on our “date night” for pizza and salad bar.  It was kid’s day so their meals were half price.  Our entire bill was $12.  The last time we went out to eat was in November to celebrate the girl’s birthdays. 

I signed up for a free sample of Tide stain remover and Purina One dog food.  I also printed a coupon good for a free can of dog food at Petco.  No, I don’t have a dog but I have friends with dogs. 

I printed six coupons from coupons.com.  Two are for milk! 

I worked on both of my scrap yarn afghans throughout the week. 

I used the money in my PayPal account to pay a bill. 

I made a big pot of soup out of leftovers in the refrigerator.  We enjoyed two suppers and a lunch out of it. 

I finished off a trial sized bottle of lotion that had been rattling around in my bathroom cupboard for quite some time.  I recycled the bottle. 

I darned my daughter’s favorite knit gloves. One finger and one thumb had developed a hole. 

I used up all the odds and ends of fresh veggies in my crisper drawer to make a delicious chopped salad. 

I bought 7 jelly jars at a thrift store for 35¢ apiece. 

Our chickens blessed us with 13 eggs this week.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Never in my life have I ever seen or heard of a milk coupon! lol!! I'm amazed at the coupons, and whatnot you guys get in the U.S! The pizza night sounds fun, and $12?! Wow! :) Your chickens seem to like the number 13! lol!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, milk coupons? Whodda thunk it? And I think 13 is the hen's lucky number! Not just a bakers dozen. :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...