|Liberal amount of wood glue|
|Two screws on the front and one in between these two on the back|
|Wrapped in duct tape for additional reinforcement|
and to protect from splinters
The Sunday paper had three Albertson’s coupon doublers so I took these to Walmart on Monday morning to use up a few good coupons set to expire. This is what I got:
· 3 cans crushed pineapple 68¢ each, less $2 in coupons = final price 1.333¢ each!
· 2 four pound bags of sugar $2.62 each, less $2 in coupons = final price $1.62 each
· Pyrex glass storage container with lid $4.37, less $2 in coupons = final price $2.37
I have plenty of Pyrex containers so I will be putting the new one in my gift box. Last month I gave a friend one for her birthday filled with peppermint patties. She loved it.
I started the New Year out right by using my customer appreciation coupons at Fred Meyer which netted me:
· 1 dozen large eggs, $1.49 less store coupon = Free
· 1 bag of salad mix, 88¢ less 75¢ store coupon = final price 13¢
· 2 packages English muffins $1 each, less 75¢ store coupon = final price 63¢ each
Wednesday I went to Cash & Carry to make my annual 20# rice purchase. I also picked up a 20# box of spaghetti for February as it was on sale and it saves me an extra trip next month.
I passed along two paperback books I finished reading onto my next door neighbor.
I went to the new Whole Foods store Friday to check it out. A bit above my pay grade, I’m afraid. I promptly headed up the block to Winco and picked up a lot of fresh produce, cheese, olives, vegetable juice, cream, frozen peas, nuts, peanut butter, 10 cans of tuna (my other stock up item), etc. Less than $50!
Saturday I made a trip to my hair stylist for my semi-annual cut and color. She does an amazing job and doesn’t charge a ton. I’ve also found since I started having her do my color that it lasts for 4 months and I have had a significant reduction in my hair falling out. I now end up saving more than when I did my own color at home. Yeah!
I received a free tea sample in the mail along with a coupon for 55¢ off a box of my favorite tea.
Despite the sub-freezing temperatures our chickens blessed us with 12 eggs this week!
How was your first thrifty week of 2013?