Friday, January 4, 2013

Make This A Year Of Simplicity


I am constantly seeking a life of quiet uncomplicated simplicity.  After five years of clearing clutter in my home, limiting my shopping and learning new ways to acquire and repurpose items we need I feel like I am finally getting there. 

I know that living a simple life will be a steady journey, a work in progress, if you will.  Looking at and reevaluating what is important in my life and what is not.  I still have a ways to go.  I feel like I still have too much stuff.  I still seem to have issues with clutter, in particular, my desk in my home office.  I still want to work on spending less money. 

I have decided that the majority of those high tech gadgets available to make our life “easier” are of little value or interest to me.  I am finding that my views on material items and the importance I place on them is shifting.  I find now that I place far more importance on my emotional needs and the relationships I have with other people. 

I also find that I am filtering out the bad stuff, both physically and emotionally, and replacing it with the good and healthy stuff.  I no longer have the time or the tolerance for toxic relationships or negative people. 

I prefer to expend my energy in a way that will do the most good for me, my family and my good friends.  I want to help in my community more.  I want to meet more people and make new friends. 

I want to work on being more patient, tolerant and open-minded when it comes to my interactions with others.  I have to to remember that we are all different creatures, with different ideas, personalities, opinions, hopes, fears and needs. 

I want to spend more time on domestic tasks and improving my skills.  I want to read, sew, knit, crochet and embroider more.  I want to teach the skills I have learned to others and I hope, in turn, to learn more in the process. 

I just want to keep it simple and peaceful so I can enjoy life more and hopefully get more out of my life in the process. 

How are some ways you plan to integrate a little simplicity into your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...