Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Updating the HOUSE TO DO LIST


I keep a running list of things around the house that need repair or upgrading.  Every year in January I update that list and start over. 

I first begin by grabbing a legal pad and pencil and then walk through each room in the house.  I thoroughly look around for things that need something done – touch up paint, replace a light fixture, fix a cracked tile, etc. 

By room I make a rough draft.  Next, on a new sheet of paper I re-write my list by order of importance.  In an outline form I first list each room and then the repairs or upgrades I need to make from most important to least important. 

As time and budget allows I tackle these projects.  I find if I take one on each month I can easily accomplish the majority of this list without it seeming insurmountable.  Sometimes if it is a quick project or doesn’t cost a lot I can do two or three. 

I like that I can get things done in bite size pieces without all the pressure to get it all done “right now”. 
 
Do you do anything like this?

1 comment:

  1. I'm all about lists too, but I love that you rewrite your list in order of importance... I think i'm going to start doing that as well, great tip!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...