Saturday, January 26, 2013

My Mission – Sewing Stuff Part 2

I really thought my fabrics were going to be the biggest part of the project but it turns out it wasn’t at all.  It was the easiest. 

I started by collecting all of my Christmas fabrics and trims and putting them all away in a plastic bin.  I don’t have a lot of Christmas stuff so this was quick.
 
Oh, what a mess!
I grouped my remaining fabrics by type – fleeces, flannels, denim, knits, all into my big bin.  Calicos all stacked and to be put into another bin I already had empty in the garage.


Since I took this picture all of this fabric is now inside plastic bins.
Lastly scraps, which filled half of the Home Depot packing box one of my fabric donations arrived in last summer.  I do believe there will be a scrap quilt in my future. 

My mother gave me some polyfil and two trash bags full of quilt batting so those are neatly piled in a corner, as neatly as you can pile that kind of stuff. 

Last summer I had managed to organize all my buttons, ribbons and patterns and all of our craft supplies, but that was as far as I got.  Now it is all done and I am thrilled to pieces with how it turned out.  Now I am ready to get back to sewing!
 

3 comments:

  1. You did a great job.

    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! It's soo much easier to find and use stuff when it's so nicely organized isn't it!? :)

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...