Monday, October 6, 2014

Last Week's Thrifty Moves


Sunday morning I went to Albertson's right after breakfast and picked up a bunch of stock-up items for the pantry and freezer:

48 pkgs. of ramen - on sale for 2/25¢
6 containers of frozen juice concentrate - 50¢ each
4 cake and brownie mixes - 75¢ each
2 tubs frosting - 2/$3
4 pkgs. Of flour tortillas - 75¢ each
16 sauce & gravy packets - 25¢ each
4 cans tuna - 69¢ each
1 dozen eggs - $1
2 pkgs. extra lean ground beef - marked down $2.04 & $ $2.68
2 pkgs. chicken thighs - marked down $1.17 & $1.77 - Great price!!


I sold the camper shell off my truck and our RV on Craigslist.  So long tiny house, but... Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

I made three loaves of whole wheat bread.  I gave one loaf to a friend which made him pretty darn happy.

I made a big pot of chili in the slow cooker and put up three containers in the freezer.

We made a double batch of applesauce muffins for our weekday breakfasts.

We made homemade pizza.  It was delicious!


On the way home from work I stopped at Fred Meyer for fresh produce and picked up some veggie dips and salad dressings from the markdown area.

Friday night I went to ShopKo to pick up two captains bed frames for the girl's bedroom.  I had been waiting for them to go on sale and this week they did.  Regularly $249 each they were on sale for $98.88 each.  When I checked out at the register they gave me two $10 coupons good at my next visit.

While I was at Shopko I also bought a clear glass pumpkin jar I have wanted for a very long time and a bag of Milky Ways off the clearance shelf to put inside.  The jar was on sale $4.88 and the candy was $1.85.  I can use it all fall until Christmas time.


Saturday we did some thrift store shopping and went out to lunch, which I'll touch on more later.

In the last week I have watched gas prices drop 24¢ a gallon.  Yaaay! I stopped to fill up my gas tank Saturday, first time in a month, and used my rewards points to save an additional 40¢ a gallon.  Extra Yaaaaay! 

What did you do last week to save money?

1 comment:

  1. You had a Super-Duper week! Great Buys at the store- with those prices I would have done plenty of stocking up too. Yum- the applesauce muffins sound good. :)
    Our last week wasn't so frugal but I did get meat at a great discount from the store. In fact all the meat I have bought lately has either been a Managers Special Clearance (expiration date is either that day or the next day, in which case I freeze it as soon as I get home) or at a really low sale price. For me, gone are the days when I pay full price for a piece of meat. Either it's discounted or I don't get it at all.
    Cant wait to read about your thrift store buys! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...