Thursday, August 4, 2016

My Uber Thrifty Month In Review - July


July turned out to be a terrific month for us.  Financially as well.  I just can't believe how quickly it went.

I began our month by paying all of our monthly bills and expenses ahead of schedule.  I earmarked a little extra for some grocery stocking and was able to get our freezer filled with meat as well as a few pantry items.  Although I'm over budget on groceries this month I know in the coming months I'll be spending less and eventually it all evens itself out.

I kept our spending in check by shopping for the items we needed when they were on sale and by using a lot of coupons to keep the costs low.  I was able to get my youngest two pair of shoes for school on clearance for only $45, a pair of pants for her school uniform on Amazon for $15 (free shipping), and a few school supplies dirt cheap.  I also dyed some polo shirts rather than replacing them.

My biggest spending was $100 I spent at JoAnn fabrics, which for me is a huge amount, but I also had a huge list.  I took advantage of their big sale over the holiday weekend and use coupons to save even more.  As a result I was able to get everything on my list within my budget.  That made me really happy.  I have been in project mode ever since.

I made a large payment on my debt elimination goal.  I also transferred the remainder of my business debt to a zero interest account which will help me to move up my timeline and pay it off even faster.  When it comes to paying off debt I do find myself getting impatient.  The sooner the better to get rid of that stuff.  J




2 comments:

  1. Love how well you are managing your goals. Congrats on the great work you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Judy. Its hard work now but I know it will be worth it in the end.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...