Tuesday, October 4, 2016

About A Picnic Basket - Part IV


Along with doilies and hankies and the Campfire Girls items my grandmother had placed some of her baby clothes inside the picnic basket.  These sweet little garments are quite old as she was born in 1923.


The store bought dresses are quite lovely with darling dainty embellished touches.

I really like the collar on this dress

I carefully washed them as they were quite dusty and musty and then I pressed them.  A couple of the dresses were handmade by my great-grandmother.  She even embroidered some little flowers on them to dress them up.


I love the hem and embroidery on this little slip

Little sweet slips to wear underneath her little dresses.  


Along with the baby slips and dresses she had also tucked in this sweet little knitted hat that my great grandmother had made for her grandsons.  Isn't it sweet?  I even have a picture of my dad and my uncle and one of them is wearing the hat.  I'll have to look at it again to see which one.


Sweet lace yoke

My great grandmother made this dress by hand


The baby clothes are quite delicate now, but I am very happy to have them.  

She made this one too.

Tiny embroidered roses

I'm not certain what I'll do with them in the future, but for now I'll put them aside and keep them safe.




6 comments:

  1. Some of these look like Filipino work... it was very trendy to have dainty little embroidered dresses, handmade from the Philippines. (Lightweight too, for the hot summers.) I was born in 1958, and my mom saved some of the dresses to stuff on me! No doubt they tore easily (they were vintage then)...but I still have a few put away for any future grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They would be pretty framed :o)

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I was thinking. They'd be pretty hanging up in a guest room, I think. Hmmmmm.

      Delete
  3. Those are absolutely precious!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...