Thursday, October 27, 2016

Spring Cleaning Completed


I was able to finish up my semi-annual spring cleaning here at our humble abode.  I had started in the living room and dining room a few weeks ago before moving on to bedrooms and bathrooms.  The laundry room got a good cleaning too.

Along the way we de-cluttered and made sure we weren't getting back into old habits of collecting items we didn't need or use.  I was very happy to see we have been really good about staying on top of things.  I sent some stuff out to the recycle bin but I don't have anything to donate or toss.  How about that?

I need to refill that cookie jar

Spring cleaning the kitchen is always a chore as it sees a lot of activity.  I started on it a couple of weeks ago taking it in sections washing cabinets, straightening and organizing drawers and cupboards as I went along.

Saturday, before we headed off to marching band competition, I got up early determined to get this chore completed.  I started by cleaning and re-organizing the pantry and the freezer on the refrigerator.

Love this pantry!

I had already done inside and outside of the refrigerator as well as the walls around it and the floor underneath.  I had also done the stove inside and out as well as around and underneath.  Both are yucky chores.  I did the microwave inside and out last Friday before I went to work.

All clean and organized

I took a few things out to the recycle bin then came back in and took everything off of the counters on one side of the kitchen.  I scrubbed up the counters, backsplashes and walls and then did the same thing on the other side.  Lastly, I tackled the range hood over the stove.

I love a working kitchen with clean and shiny surfaces

I am happy to report my crazy repair to the backsplash behind the sink is holding up very well.  And I have to say my favorite home improvement project I've done so far this year is definitely the overhaul of the cabinet under the sink.  So much nicer and much, much easier to keep clean.  It has stayed nice and neat ever since my daughter and I finished that.  I love it under there.

Squeaky clean microwave

With the kitchen all cleaned up it didn’t take me long to get back in there and start cooking and baking.  Something about a super clean kitchen just makes it so nice to cook and bake.  I get really motivated.


How often do you deep clean the rooms in your house?



8 comments:

  1. I deep clean much less than I should. Now I am feeling inspired. Maybe I should just start at the front door and move in a clockwise motion from there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here in this room to clean out the toy box. And guess what? I'm reading you! Have a fun day.... ps..WTG..everything sparkled :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks great.. I took, love a clean kitchen..
    I usually spring clean . Then before the Thanksgiving/Christmas holidays , I clean for decorating.. but this year, I decided to do a fall cleaning[just as I do in the spring]. I am doing the kitchen now..It is the last room.. I have decluttered as I went.. I think this is going to be so much better , than the "just spring cleaning".
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! Maybe that's why I feel the pull to clean again in the fall. Get ready for the holidays. :)

      Take care!

      Delete
  4. I only deep clean when we have company coming so that is about 5 times a year! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...