Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Air Show In Boise! So Cool!


We are very fortunate to live where we do.  Our neighborhood is positioned perfectly for good seats to the air show.  No crowds or heavy traffic to deal with and snacks are nearby and very affordable.

Here is a flyover at BSU.  Someone there took this shot on Thursday.

It has been awhile since Gowen Field here in Boise, Idaho has hosted an air show.  They had been practicing for several days so I was getting some glimpses, but Saturday was the big day and it was spectacular.

They fly so fast it is hard to get a good shot

Canadian Snowbirds

This time the Canadian Ari Force Snowbirds joined us and they were spectacular!  The planes are gorgeous and the intricate maneuvers they perform are nothing less than phenomenal.  The youngest and I sat on our roof and watched.


My beautiful girl!

U.S.A.F. Thunderbirds

Couldn't ask for better seats

When the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds took to the skies in the late afternoon it made my heart soar.  They put on an amazing performance as well and we were all in awe as friends joined us and we watched from our driveway.

Here is an awesome shot taken by our local newspaper

Near the end one of the pilots swooped in low, we could hear him coming, flipped sideways and buzzed our cul de sac.  It was so loud and the vibration shook hard enough to set off everyone's car alarms.  It was amazing!  Talk about goosebumps!  I was so excited I felt like a little kid.

Sunday we got a repeat performance.  So lucky and it was fabulous.  If you would like to see a short video of the air show click here.


All I can say to our Air Force and to the Canadian Air Force is THANK YOU!!!!!  What a special treat.



6 comments:

  1. How fun.. nice that you got such an afforable seat . smile.
    My husband worked for the Goverment [national park service]. He was close by , and got to see an air show from work..He said it was so great to get to watch the performance..
    Know your girls enjoyed it too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! How fun and such great seats.✈ We live in San Diego
    And just saw the blue angels from our house recently. I started reading your blog a few weeks ago and just love it. By Sunday eve all meals were prepped and ready for the week you inspired me.
    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Patti! I'm so happy to hear the meal prepping has inspired you. I can't tell you how much it has helped me.

      Blue Angels are great too. I've seen them as well. I just love those planes.

      Delete
  3. I love our Snowbirds, they give an awesome show.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...