Thursday, October 26, 2017

Meals We Prepped #10


We have just completed week 10!  How is that even possible?

We were so busy with our winter preparations I thought I might have to give up a week of meal prepping.  We didn't even make our usual Sunday dinner, we were so busy and by the time we finished up we were exhausted and ended up having quesadillas.

The more I thought about skipping it the more I didn't like it one bit.  Especially as our week ahead looked pretty daunting.  I had an hour and a half available on Monday right after work so I did it then.



Our Sunday dinner of Chicken Pot Pie became a quicker to prepare meal of Chicken and Bisuits that I made and served on Monday.  I diced up chicken and onions and got that going in a pan.  While that cooked I sliced up a sirloin steak I had thawed, more onions, some mushrooms and julienned a couple handfuls of baby carrots.  I put that into containers for the Broccoli Beef.  I also started a pot of rice.



I sliced up the rest of the container of mushrooms and put those into a bowl for the Mushroom Fettucine.  I put together two cups of water, a packet of chicken bouillon, a packet of chicken gravy and a teaspoon of dried parsley.  I added that to the chicken along with half a package of frozen peas and carrots and some leftover frozen corn.  I whisked two tablespoons of cornstarch into a cup of milk and added that to the simmering chicken and vegetables.



After a quick clean up I had to go pick up the girls at their schools.  When I got home I poured the chicken mixture into a lightly oiled baking dish.  I made a batch of biscuits and placed them on top of that and baked them for 20 minutes at 400°.  While that baked I put together a salad from a bag of mixed greens and a diced tomato.

Sunday - The girls made cheese quesadillas and we called it good.


Monday - Chicken & Biscuits and a green salad


Tuesday - I sautéed the sliced steak in some oil with the onions, carrots and mushrooms.  Then I whisked a packet of brown gravy and some soy sauce into two cups of water and added that with a 160z. package of broccoli cuts.  While that simmered a bit I reheated the rice in the microwave.  Lastly I stirred two tablespoons of cornstarch into a little bit of water and added that to thicken up the gravy.  Dinner was served in a bout 20 minutes.


Wednesday - I cooked up some pasta and then drained that into a colander.  In the pasta pot I heated up some oil, sauteed the mushrooms with garlic and dried basil, then added a pint of cream and 1/4 cup of grated parmesan.  I tossed the noodles in the sauce and served that up with leftover salad.


Thursday - We were all in the mood for hamburgers so I made three patties from ground beef I had thawed and those cooked while we baked curly fries in the little convection oven.  I set out some sliced tomato, onion, dill pickle, lettuce leaves and condiments.  Boy, were those good.

My girls love fettucine!

Friday - The youngest went to a friend's house for a sleepover.  The oldest and I pulled leftovers out of the refrigerator and enjoyed a bit of a buffet for supper.



Saturday - Saturday I spent the afternoon playing pinochle with my girlfriends until past 6:00.  It is always a food fest so I knew I wouldn't need to make supper.  I had picked up a salad kit I'd found on markdown so I put that together to take along and contribute.  Super quick and easy and it tasted really good too!


So even with a bumpy start to the week it still worked out just fine.  I just tweaked a few things and we were off and running.  The Shrimp Scampi didn't get made so we'll just save that for another day. 

I'm glad it still works, even if our schedule interferes with myplans.  Anybody else meal prepping or meal planning?



4 comments:

  1. Your menu looks so good☺ I made double batches of things last week when I cooked so we were able to just take those out of the freezer in the morning. We were sure glad as our high this week in San Diego was 105. We did not want to turn on the stove. We are hoping for fall soon.Thanks again for getting Me back on track with meal prep. It saves soon much time and money.Good job on getting your meals done even though it was a full week.
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patti! You guys are having some HOT days and I'm jealous. Cooler temps here and very chilly in the mornings and evenings. Fall has definitely arrived in Idaho. Love hearing about your meal prepping!

      Delete
  2. Meal prep saved me last night. I was able to go home and remove from the fridge taco meat already cooked and ready to go. I threw together a quick taco soup and it was delicious. I even worked late and was still able to do this with minimal preparation. My girls helped me and we soon had a bubbling pot of soup with leftovers for today.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...