Monday, October 23, 2017

Last Week's Thrifty Moves


This past week was crazy busy.  I haven't even been able to answer my personal emails or check out my favorite blogs.  But I've managed to get a ton of stuff done around here so I can enjoy a more restful winter coming up.  And the holidays too!

Sunday morning I headed off to get the grocery shopping done first thing in the morning.  I also picked up a couple of freebie items I had loaded to my card.

Lots of markdowns save me a lot of money!

Fred Meyer Friday freebies

The rest of the week was a blur of working, getting the girls picked up from their activities, another band competition and an afternoon of playing pinochle with my girlfriends.  It was crazy!

Friday evening my oldest and I went to Walmart and Dollar Tree to pick up supplies for a big craft project day we planned for Sunday (yesterday).  A time I felt we needed for all of us to sit and cool our heels, spend some time together and get some Christmas gifts made.  The goal was to be super thrifty and we kept our spending to a minimum quite well.  I am sooooo excited to share with you what we did so be sure and check back.  You may want to make some of these too!

Just wait until you see what we made with these gloves

Two of our neighbors allowed us to use their city compost bins to fill up with our yard debris from all the pruning we did.  They are letting us use them for the next couple of weeks so this has saved me hauling the stuff over to the wood chipper place and paying them to dispose of everything.

Our new compost bin is three quarters full of yard and kitchen stuff and is doing pretty well so far.  I'm excited to see how it does over the winter and to find out what we have come spring time.

My favorite Halloween decorations
I bought these at thrift store when we lived in our travel trailer

We fed the chickens our kitchen scraps, which they appreciated very much.  We let them run loose one day to scratch about and romp in all the mess we created when we pruned.  They loved that.

I dug out every last bit of chapstick from the tube before I tossed it into the trash.  I washed out a couple of Ziploc bags to reuse.

Miss Edith came in for a visit

Our weather was very nice until Friday when the temperatures dropped and it began to rain.  We finally had to give in and turn on the infrared heater, along with the fireplace, to keep the house warm enough to be comfortable.

That was pretty much it for our week.  How was your thrifty week?



10 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what you did with the gloves! I love the chicken in the kitchen pic! ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is such a nut! She waltzes in and finds me cause she knows I'll give her a treat.

      Delete
  2. You mentioned you weren't able to visit your favorite blogs this past week. What are they, if you don't mind my asking?

    I wish we could've gotten some rain here in So. Cal. like you did. Today and tomorrow it is forecasted to be 102* F!

    Can't wait to see what you made with the gloves :)

    D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you check out my facebook page I've featured some of them there and I believe there is a list. Not sure on that, but I think so. The glove project turned out AWESOME! Check back tomorrow. :)

      Delete
  3. Waiting with baited breath on the gloves. Love the chicken in the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is so funny! I just love her. Check back tomorrow on the gloves. ;)

      Delete
  4. I am looking forward to seeing what the gloves became also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm intrigued by the gloves too!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...