Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Chicken Alfredo



I make chicken alfredo fairly often, I always have.  My girls love it and so do I.  I've posted recipes for this dish before, however now that we've adopted the Ketogenic lifestyle I've tweaked it a bit.  Not only is this a delicious entree, but extremely easy to throw together.


I start by slicing two large chicken breast halves and sauteing them in olive oil, browning them a bit on each side.  Then I sprinkle them with salt, pepper and garlic powder.


Once cooked through I add two heaping spoonfuls of minced garlic, about a tablespoon of dried basil and stir that all around.


The last step is to pour in 2 cups of cream and 1/4 cup of grated parmesan.  Let that simmer for about 5 to 10 minutes and it is ready to serve.  Now how stinking easy is that?!



4 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful! Now I know you don't eat carbs, so spaghetti and noodles under the chicken is out. Do they have some kind of noodles that you can eat on Keto? My husband eats gluten free, so they have gluten free noodles that he can eat, but I was wondering if they have any carb free noodles. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zucchini noodle aka Zoodles or spaghetti squash would work. Strangely, I don't miss pasta like I thought I would. Have a fab evening! ;0)

      Delete
  2. do you grate the parmesan or buy it already grated?

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...