Thursday, May 9, 2019

The Fire Pot Gets A Facelift



I bought this chiminea about twenty years ago.  We have enjoyed it a lot having had many a weenie roast and toasting of the marshmallow.  I had been wondering if it might not be time to think about replacing this old pot, but despite the rust it was still solid.


I decided it was time to give it a facelift and that is exactly what I did.


With this project in mind I had picked up another can of high heat BBQ paint the last time I was at Home Depot picking up supplies.  I had store credit to use so this project wasn't going to cost me a thing.


I brushed it all down with a hand broom to remove any debris and loose rust particles.  Then gave it two good coats of the paint.  It covered it beautifully and I think it looks practically brand new again.

Wow!  What a difference!

I'm really glad I decided not to replace it.  We still have a lot of good years of use ahead of us and will continue to enjoy this old firepot.  I think there is another weenie roast in the not too distant future.  Check this one off the To Do list!


10 comments:

  1. I can't believe how productive you are! I just can't find the energy to do half the things you do to keep the house in good repair. Your fire pot looks good as new :)

    D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, it comes in spurts really. This project was super quick too.

      Delete
  2. Looks great. How do you always get coupons and stuff? The only deals I get is at BBW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hop on google and search for a coupon for what you need. You'll be amazed at what you can find. Store websites are another good resource.

      Delete
  3. My chiminea has seen better days too. I need to do something so she will be pretty again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally spent 15 minutes on this project. I love a quick project with big results.

      Delete
  4. You inspire me. My washing machine has a bit of rust ...I think I'll go pick up some paint and clean it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little fine sandpaper and a can of paint and it will look new again. Give it a shot and then send me pics before and after. I'd love to see how it turns out. :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...