Monday, May 13, 2019

Last Week's Thrifty Moves



Sunday morning I got my chores done and then went outside to start a bonus project I wasn't initially planning on doing, but since we had extra wood from our recent excursions to the FREE WOOD bin, I figured why the heck not?  This is going to be awesome, I'm so excited about it, and once I'm done I'll be sharing with you what I ended up building.

Oh my goodness, what is she up to now?

While waiting for paint or glue to dry I kept myself busy by processing the last load of wood, mostly plywood, I had picked up.  I did my best to stack it neatly in the backyard so it wouldn't be too big of an eyesore, but I must admit it isn't the prettiest.  Nonetheless, I am very glad to have it.

This candle smells so good

Monday evening I came home, gathered up all the extra wax I had accumulated over the past year from spent candles and melted some of it down to make a new candle.  I then placed the empty glass candle jars into our glass recycle bin.

I'd say this lid is toast!

Before work on Wednesday morning I ordered a replacement lid for one of my Pyrex mixing bowls from Amazon.  The old one had become pretty brittle and cracked in several places until it finally broke through.  I have the clear glass three piece mixing bowl/storage set, have had it for years and I use it a ton.  I'm so happy that Pyrex offers replacement lids for their products.


Wednesday evening I made twenty more graduation announcements for my daughter to hand out to her friends at school.  That made for a total of forty five announcements made.  Had I purchased them at $6.95 each the total cost would've been $312.75 plus tax and shipping.  I have less than $8 out of pocket invested so far which makes this a HUGE savings.

A nice haul from Winco

Friday I stopped in at Winco for groceries in hopes that would hold us for the week ahead.  I still need to shop for a few items for the party, but for the most part our regular groceries are pretty well covered.

I found this cat.....  LOL, our crazy Stella

I picked up a pile of rough cut 2" X 4"s from the FREE WOOD bin Saturday morning.  I'm pretty sure I've collected enough wood now for the project I have planned once school gets out.  I'm starting to get excited about it too.


All day Saturday I was pretty much in project mode.  Stay tuned this week for the post on exactly what I ended up making.  I'm super happy with how it turned out and you won't believe how much I spent to make it.  The oldest and I cleaned up the backyard, ran the weed eater, raked and pulled weeds.  My youngest mowed and trimmed the lawn, watered the flower pots and later that day gave me a helping hand with my big project.

My first up do

That evening was prom.  We had to finish up early to help my oldest daughter get ready for her big night which included doing her hair and a quick photo shoot before they headed off.  Needless to say it was a very busy Saturday. 

I washed out and reused a couple Ziploc bags.

I stockpiled more ice for the party in the garage freezer.

Swiss burgers and salad for supper

Some of the 15 Minute Chores I accomplished to keep my home in order:

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - vacuumed floors, washed the rug.  Daily swish & swipe.  Washed down the washer & dryer.

Dining Room - vacuumed floor, washed the window.

Kitchen -  vacuumed floor, washed the window inside & out.

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - vacuumed & dusted.  My girls cleaned the bathroom.  Daily swish & swipe.

Other - four loads of laundry, vacuumed living room, hallway & entry.  Swept front porch & the deck.

How was your thrifty week?




4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your new project! And, great job on the updo for your daughter - super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you get the candle remnants out of their original containers?

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...