Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Updating The Hose Area



The area were our hose bib is tends to always look a mess.  I've never been overly fond of that space of our home and have always found it to be a bit unsightly.  A tangle of garden hoses and a place for sprinklers and other crap to collect.  Nothing pretty about it, to say the least.


Last summer I found a decorative hose hanger at Goodwill.  It was priced at $9.99 but since it was yellow tag day I was able to get it for 50% OFF.  I felt that was a great price so I brought it home with all the intent of replacing our current one.  That didn't happen.


Over the winter the poor hose hanger sat in the garage and collected dust and a fair amount of cobwebs.  At least the spiders got some use out of it.  Last Saturday I gave it a bath and a fresh coat of black spray paint.  While the paint dried I got busy and cleaned up the rest of the mess.

I had this in the garage

I removed the old hose hanger that actually came with the house and retired it for good.  The new one went up in its place and I edited our hose collection tossing out the last of our old and worn out hoses that kinked and drove me crazy.  Then I got out our three way hose connector and added that to the spigot.


I got out our hose and sprinkler set up we like to use to water our lawn and put that on the hanger.  I also added a short hose to the spigot for us to use to fill the chickens water feeder as well as our watering can.

Now this I can live with

It looks much cleaner and neater now and you might even say a bit prettier.  At least it is no longer the eyesore it once was.  Plus I get to mark another project off of the To Do list!


4 comments:

  1. Looks great!!! I need to do the same thing. My hose is all over the place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that. How often do you visit Goodwill or thrift stores? I never find anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Up until this year only a couple times a year. This year, however, I'd say about once every 6 weeks or so. We've had a lot of clothing needs to fulfill this year.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...