Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Last Week's Thrifty Moves


Sunday morning I was beat!  We had a great party and it lasted until dark.  By the time I got to bed it was late and for some dumb reason this girl could not sleep.  I woke up at 2:00am and was wide awake.  I finally went back to bet at 7:00 and slept until 10:00.  I think my brain was on overload or something.

Vacuum cleaner marks make me happy

I rattled around until noon, then kicked everybody out of the house (the kids went to a graduation party) so I could shower, get dressed and put my house back in order.  It didn't take long, surprisingly.  I put away the party supplies, did my Sunday chores and a couple loads of laundry and we were back in business.  By the time the kids got home all was right in my world once again.


Monday began my youngest's final week of school and we were plenty busy right up until the end.  Tuesday was our busiest day as she had both an orthodontist appointment and a violin lesson after school.  Wednesday was my oldest's graduation ceremony and the only day she didn't work all week.  Thursday and Friday was much, much quieter and I had absolutely nothing going on and no where I had to be.  It was really nice to have a chance to slow down and catch my breath.  Saturday was a whole other deal however and I'll be telling you more about that and what we did in a post later on.

Edith stopped by for a visit

I sold two dozen eggs to a friend.

I worked some overtime and earned a little extra $$.

We set out a very full trash can at the curb for collection.  We added a lot of items to our blue recycle bin too.

This little girl "helped" me crochet for a while

The chickens made out like bandits and helped us eat up leftovers from the party.  We had enough food leftover to carry us through the entire week.  I even sent some home with friends and took some into work to share with my co-workers.  No one went from away  the party hungry, that's for sure.

My assistant asleep on the job...again

Some of the 15 Minute Chores I accomplished to keep my home in order:

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - vacuumed floors, shook the rug, cleaned sink & mirrors.  Daily swish & swipe.

Dining Room - vacuumed floor, wiped down table & chairs, dusted light fixture.

Kitchen -  vacuumed & spot mopped floor, cleaned silverware tray and drawer.

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - vacuumed & dusted.  My oldest cleaned the bathroom.  Daily swish & swipe.

Other - four loads of laundry, vacuumed & dusted living room, hallway & entry.  Swept front porch.

Leonard really loves this girl

How was your thrifty week?


4 comments:

  1. Look at your kitty's sweet smile. <3
    You had a very productive week. Thanks for sharing - it motivates me to get up and go "do" something.
    Also, congratulations to your Graduate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. After all that preparation for the graduation party, I'm sure you are ready for a little rest and relaxation.

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...