Wednesday, May 29, 2019

My Grocery Budget 2019 - May Update


 

I am fairly certain you will be disappointed in me once again and you have every right.  I didn't track my grocery spending like I usually do.  Two months in a row!

A little trip to Trader Joes

At the beginning of the month I was doing fine, then life got in the way and that was that.  I misplaced a couple receipts, which I almost never do, and lost my momentum.  Again!  Will I find it again in June?  At his point it is hard to say, but I certainly do hope so.

A little trip to Winco

To add to my dilemma the grocery ads lately have been less than stellar, to say the least.  Nothing in them has made me feel like I have to go shopping or feel inspired to stock up on something.  In turn that has actually saved me some money and also pushed me to use up what I already have.  That is a very good thing!

A bigger trip to Winco mid month

I'm now seeing spaces in my pantry as well as the freezers, both the one in the house and the one in the garage as well.  It was good to have space available as we needed to stockpile ice for the graduation party and as a result we were able to do just that.

The freezer filled with bags of ice

We plan to finish out the month as well as the first part of June working on our current stash.  We still have plenty of food, including leftovers from the party, to keep us going.  Who knows?  I may get that chest freezer defrosted after all!




4 comments:

  1. You had so much going on this month, no wonder you didn't track everything! You always do a great job with your grocery budget and I'm sure it was fine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I agree with Brooke. ;0) Sometimes something has to go as life does get busy. I'm sure you'll get back on track as your life settles down. Your groceries are way cheaper than ours. I'm always amazed at what good deals are available to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It definitely was a very busy month for you! I suspect if you did over spend (as I did) you'll more than make up for it this month as you're cleaning out the freezer and pantry. I'm getting close to clearing out my chest freezer though it's a slow process with just the two of us.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...