Monday, February 3, 2020

Last Week's ThriftyMoves



Sunday I felt like I was much more productive than I have been for a while.  After a very full and long day of dance and cheer competition the day before I awoke at my regular time, but felt exhausted.  I went back to bed and ended up sleeping in until 10:00!  Even still, I managed to get up and get going.  I started the laundry, headed off to the grocery store, came back and put away groceries and then finished up the laundry.  I even put a turkey breast in the oven as well as a nice sized pan of vegetables to roast.  That gave us a very nice Sunday dinner as well as loads of leftovers to carry us through the week.  I even froze some turkey and the carcass to make future meals with.  My girls are hoping for turkey and dumplings.

Sunday dinner was fabulous!

Monday morning I e-filed my taxes before I left for work.  I already know what I am doing with my refund and I'm super excited about it too.  Being debt free is a huge goal of mine for 2020 and I will be well on my way when that refund shows up.  Yay!

Loads of turkey for several meals

Roasted veggies too

Tuesday was my errand running day.  After work I went to the feed store and picked up a 50# bag of chicken food before heading home.  I filled the feed bin in our garage, tidied up a bit in there and then gathered up all the two bags of paint cans and an old TV to take to the hazardous waste drop off at our neighborhood grocery store.  Boy did it feel good to get rid of that crap!  Once those items were deposited I parked and went into the store to pick up two more pounds of butter and another package of the toilet paper that was on sale.  We are now very well stocked with both of those items and I still have grocery money left!  Yay!

I made some more Christmas cards last week and a few gift tags

Thursday my daughter had a basketball game to cheer at so I dropped her off and then parked myself at the nearby library with my laptop to wait.  With only an eighth of a tank of gas left in my car I didn't want to run back and forth too much.  This allowed me to sit and relax for a while too which is always good.

Have I mentioned how proud I am of this beautiful girl?

By Friday we were completely worn out and were very happy for a quiet evening at home.  Saturday was another early morning, heading out of town for a dance team competition.  We arrived home exhausted but happy as it was a great day and my daughter's junior varsity team took 3rd place in a varsity competition.  They were really happy about it and it was a nice way to end a fully packed go, go, go week.

I worked quite a bit of overtime last week.  We also had an extra day on this pay period so that combined with the overtime should make for a very nice check come payday this week.


Some of the 15 Minute Chores I accomplished to keep my home in order:

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - vacuumed floors, tidied laundry room, scrubbed sink.  Daily swish & swipe.

Dining Room - vacuumed floor.

Kitchen -  vacuumed, cleaned stove & inside refrigerator.

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - vacuumed & dusted.  Scrubbed sink.  Daily swish & swipe.

Other - two loads of laundry, vacuumed & dusted living room, hallway & entry.

How was your thrifty week?


6 comments:

  1. Our SuperBowl lupper was mostly from the pantry/freezer as well as the Ch Chip cookies. Hubster went to the store for a small bag of Doritos. That is the only food purchased last week! We had our weekly meal out Saturday-late lunch/early dinner at our fave BBQ place. We shared a platter and had a cocktail for $33. Bargain for what we got!

    This week we'll continue eating our garden winter squash-need to get through it before the remainder spoils. Plenty of food in the freezer too. We only need breakfast foods which I'll buy tomorrow afternoon when I go out to meet a friend :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is fantastic. I love when you can share a meal, have a nice time out and it isn't mind boggling expensive. We are eating from our freezer again this week as well.

      Delete
  2. I don't remember what happened next week unless I look on my blog...lol. She is a pretty girl and accomplished from what you say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your youngest is a doll! I know you are proud of her.

    I decided to follow you and stash some cash away for Christmas this year. I don't get any overtime opportunities so any extra funds are out. I do budget for things like gas/misc spending and they often are less than the budget so it will have to come from there. I stuck back my first payment for January so I am off to a good start. I have been kicking around some ideas for a few homemade gifts too. Me sewing in my dining room makes it tricky but I am going to give it my best shot this year.

    I started planning Easter basket items. I picked up a couple of packages of sugarless gum at the dollar store so I am at least started. I plan to stick to more useful type items and a few treats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Candace!

      I've been collecting freebies I come across for stocking stuffers and Easter. I'm getting a pretty good collection so far.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...