Thursday, February 27, 2020

My Super Thrifty Grocery Budget 2020 - February



I opted to go with my regular $150 dollar grocery budget this month as opposed to only $100 as I feared the gaps in my pantry would increase to the point that I'd end up overspending one month to make up for it.  That would kind of defeat the purpose of intentional and mindful grocery spending.  I was super happy too that I was able to fill in some pantry gaps, buy some meat this month as well as quite a bit of fresh produce and stay completely on budget.

This was my biggest haul this month.

I ended up buying 4 of these on sale by month end ($5.97 each)

I had gone over on my nonfood budget last month by $7.65 so I did start this month with a deficit.  However, I kept my spending in check and was able to get everything we needed which came to $15.81 and I was still $1.54 to the good.  I've opted to toss the remaining balance into the change jar and start fresh next month with my regular $25 budget.

A handful of nonfood items purchased in February

I was able to purchase quite a few items for my daughter to cook in her dorm.  She did some meal prep here at the house to makes things a bit easier for her during the week which I thought was pretty smart on her part.  She has limited space in her dorm for preparing meals as well as limited refrigerator and pantry space.  Nonetheless she has managed to accumulate quite a little stockpile.

My trip to Winco filled in the gaps in our pantry

Here is the list of food I bought this month:


$147.46 ÷ 29 days ÷3 people = $1.69 per person per day!!!  Not too shabby!


I am very happy, once again with how my grocery shopping worked out this month and I feel encouraged as I head into March with the another small grocery budget.  From the total $250 budgeted so far I still have $25.29 left to spend plus the $150 I have budgeted for next month.  I'd say we are doing pretty well for groceries in 2020.



2 comments:

  1. You do a wonderful job of spending your food money wisely. I would be interested in hearing what your daughter has been able to make in her dorm to eat. She is one smart girl. Healthier food and cheaper to make your own. You did a great job teaching her.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Crystal. My daughter said she would love to do a post. She has a very full schedule this semester but she really wants to do it. Hopefully she can. :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...