Friday, February 7, 2020

Taking Full Responsibility


Every decision you have ever made in your life has led you to this very moment.

I am completely responsible for where my life is at right now.  I am completely responsible for what I do, how I think and how I feel.  I have the ability to control myself, my attitudes, my feelings and my life.  I accept that I alone am responsible for my actions.  No one else.


On very rare occasions do things just happen to me.  A storm, an accident, a sudden death, a lost job, whatever the case may be.  When that happens, it happens and then it is done.  But after an event it is all on me.  My decisions from that moment forward are still mine.  How I cope, what I do, how I feel.  It's all mine.  I own that.


I work hard to be mindful of how my actions and decisions impact others as well as my environment.  Keeping waste to a minimum, driving safely and efficiently, being kind and considerate, picking up after myself, keeping my home neat and tidy, inside and out, as well as myself.  I take care of my health to the best of my ability in order to prolong my life, enhance the quality of my life and minimize becoming a burden to someone else.


I find all too often people are quick to make excuses or try to blame others.  There really are no excuses and blaming others is futile.  Owning my actions, making sound choices, being responsible.  It isn't someone else's fault, I don't blame others.  If I fail, then it is my fault.  If I succeed, I did that.  I take full responsibility.


6 comments:

  1. The lessons you are teaching your children are immeasurable! If only everyone could understand this. The world would be a far better place!

    Wishing you a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very wise words. Living this way develops a peaceful spirit.
    Reading your blog is a must for me every day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true!! I wish everyone understood this and accepted responsibility.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...