Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Food Management - Meal Planning



A large part of Food Management, for me anyway, is meal planning.  As I shared previously I use a Pantry List to manage our Food Inventory and as long as I have those items in the house I can pretty much make anything we want for meals.  It is a solid system that has worked very well for me for many, many years.


Meal planning helps me in a number of ways.  The biggest thing is that with a plan I am not stressed at all about what to fix for dinner each night.  And since I make enough for leftovers I pretty much have our lunches covered for the next day.

Egg Roll In A Bowl

I brainstormed a list of our favorite meals so I can draw from that when I do my meal planning.  I will also ask my girls if they have any special requests.  Throwing in a new recipe from time to time gives us more variety so we don't become bored.  Here is a list of some of our standard "go-to" meals:

Grilled Steaks or Chicken
Tacos or Taco Salad
Meatloaf or Meatballs
Stir Fry Beef, Chicken or Pork
Pork Chops

Pizza Bake

I like to rotate side dishes to go with the main entree.  Salads, sauteed green beans, steamed broccoli, cauliflower bake, and asparagus are among our favorites.  Soups are also great meal options, especially when paired with a fresh green salad.

Taco Salad

The bonus to having our meals planned out is that we save a ton of money.  I'm better able to manage the food we have on hand as well as any leftovers so very little is wasted.  I also find with meal planning that I purchase a lot less food to begin with which saves me quite a bit.  Along with saving money I find I save a lot of time as well.  With our busy schedule I really appreciate that.

Pot Roast

Do you meal plan?  What are some of your favorite meals you prepare?


4 comments:

  1. I made your Eggroll in a Bowl and Cauliflower Bake this week. KEEPERS! Thank you! I'd love more of your Keto recipes :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those our two favorites around here too. So glad you liked the recipes. :)

      Delete
  2. We also love eggroll in a bowl, and had it yesterday! We like crockpot carnitas, tacos, taco salad & taco slaw (similar to eggroll in a bowl.) My husband eats mostly Keto for allergy purposes, so we eat many of the same things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to try the taco version. That sounds really good.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...