Wednesday, February 5, 2020

My Second Meal Prep In 2020


\

My second meal prep was done over the course of two different days and was purely unintentional.  I made a couple things each day and then realized I had inadvertently made components to other meals.


I started out by thawing three pounds of ground beef.  Two pounds of it became chili and the other pound was browned up and used with leftover enchilada sauce I had in our freezer and a partial package of corn tortillas I had in our refrigerator.  I chopped up and onion and grated some cheese.  The chili went into my slow cooker to cook on low all day while I was at work.  The next day I put the enchiladas in the oven to bake.  Plenty of leftovers for several days.

Roasted veggies

One roasted turkey breast is a lot of meat

On a Saturday I pulled a turkey breast out of our freezer and let it thaw.  That Sunday afternoon I put it in the oven to roast.  At the end I added a pan of baby carrots and broccoli tossed with seasoning salt and olive oil to the oven.  We enjoyed a nice roast turkey dinner that evening and then I pulled all the meat from the bones and divided it up.  I kept out enough for several meals throughout the week and put some away in the freezer.  I put the bones in a freezer bag too and plan to use those to make broth.  Most likely I will do that next time I meal prep.  I have plenty of chili, enchiladas and turkey in the freezer now for future quick meals as well as what we are enjoying right now.  Knowing I could head into the busy week ahead with minimal effort required to get dinner on the table was fantastic!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...