Thursday, June 18, 2020

I Just Can't Do It


For a while now I've tried to write up an ad to sell our motorhome.  Right now is a good time to sell and I know I would likely get top dollar for her as there isn't much in the way of used inventory up for sale at the moment.  She is in excellent condition, reliable, clean and has a lot of nice updated amenities.  There is just one problem and it's a big one.

 


I love her and I don't want to part with her.

 


I had plans for my RV when I purchased her.  That is why I searched all over and checked out so many motorhomes before I picked this one.  I knew what I wanted and I didn't settle until I found the right one.  Once I found her I knew right away when I stepped inside, she was the one.  And then I named her.  For the first time in my life I gave a vehicle I owned a name.  Laverne.  It fits, it's perfect and we lovingly refer to her as such.  She isn't just our motorhome, she's Laverne.

 


And once you name something it becomes much more personal to you.  Especially when you put your blood, sweat and tears into something.  And your hard earned cash.  Then it has a way of worming itself into your heart.  Because all of those plans and ideas haven't gone away.  They are still there.  Waiting.  For me.  To do something about it.

 


Soooo, I just can't do it.  Not right now anyway.  I'm keeping my motorhome.  I'm going to complete the updates I have been wanting to do and I'm going to save up the money to replace all of the tires and get her back to road ready so we can use her as she should be used.  I'm going to take her on the adventures I planned to take her on and I'm going to enjoy the fact that I am blessed with this beautiful (at least to me anyway) motorhome.

 

I still need to finish this bedroom remodel

I guess that means more motorhome projects in the not too distant future.  Yes!  I love those!  And I think you guys do too.  I hope so anyway.

 


10 comments:

  1. Good for you! Mindful decisions are great decisions :-) Enjoy hitting the road to see Idaho this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think going on adventures in Laverne is a great idea.
    Is she the same motor home you 3 lived in for awhile?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. We had a 27ft Prowler travel trailer. I bought Laverne 3 years ago with the idea I could retire and travel. I've got some updates to complete and she needs a new set of tires, then she should be ready. So close.

      Delete
  3. Never get rid of something you love. We don't know what the future holds but if Laverne is supposed to be in it then that is the way it should be. I think you and the girls have done an amazing job fixing her up and giving her a new life. Now get on out there and enjoy adventures with her and your girls. Memories made are worth more than a little money in the bank. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Crystal. Your words have really made my day.

      Delete
  4. Great thoughtful decision. I am glad you are keeping her. It is the same with livestock - if you name the animal, you can't slaughter it. Well, except for that one rooster who attacked me whenever I walked to the garden. I will not repeat what I called him.

    Jeannie@GetMeToTheCountry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeannie. I'm super happy about my decision.

      LOL. I had a naughty rooster like that once. I called him all kinds of choice things....

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...