Monday, June 29, 2020

Last Week's Thrifty Moves


My girls spoiled me Sunday with a very nice Father's Day gift and a handmade card.  It always makes me feel super special that they acknowledge me for playing both roles in their lives.  They gave me a six pack of Snapple, more for the bottles than what is inside, and a gift card to Home Depot with instructions to use it on Laverne.  Will do!

 

Here's a shot taken from my living room window


This week was all about our hectic work schedules while trying to build a pergola.  I have to admit the week seemed to fly right by as both of the girls and I ended up working a lot of hours at work.  We are grateful to be employed and even more grateful for the opportunity of overtime pay.  In spite of all the time spent working we still managed to complete our project and I will be sharing more about that in tomorrow's post.

 

My daughter found Keto hamburger buns!!

We kept our meals very basic and simple with hamburgers, hotdogs, sandwiches and my youngest made some gnocchi one evening.  Have I mentioned how thankful I am for Keto bread?  I was able to enjoy a quick and easy meal including a delicious burger.

 


Tuesday evening we loaded up my oldest daughter's refurbished table and the two chairs I found for her on Facebook Marketplace into the truck and we headed over to her new place and set it up in her kitchen.  It looks great and she is thrilled with it.  On the way back home we stopped in at Lowes to look at a few things for the pergola and ended up leaving without buying anything.  We decided we had exactly what we needed to build what we had planned originally so no need to change plans mid stream or spend additional money.

 


Late Wednesday night we had another earthquake measuring 4.8.  I slept right through it, but my youngest did not.  We've had quite a bit of that activity this year.  Yellowstone must be getting grumpy.  I was happy to see my Pergola was still standing so I must've done it right.

 

Steady progress

We kept our house cool by setting box fans in the upstairs windows and our back door to bring in cool air each morning and at night after the sun set.  We kept things pretty closed up in between with the shades drawn making it quite comfortable.

 

Last month I pulled up all the plastic lawn edging
 and started replacing it with rocks

We listed our old patio umbrella and stand on Facebook Marketplace for FREE.  It was gone in an hour.  We also listed an old window we had as well as some lawn edging I had pulled up in the backyard.  That worked our really well.

 

One of my very favorite helpers!

Saturday morning I was up early with no set plans for the day.  I wanted a weekend where I just did things I wanted to do instead of things I felt I had to do.  We began with a quick shopping trip to Cash & Carry and Winco.  My oldest wanted to do some grocery shopping and my youngest wanted to tag along.  It ended up being a nice morning spent with my girls.

 

Stella was my helper this time

When we got home I felt the need to play with my motorhome and that is exactly what I ended up doing until well past dark.  I finished the bedroom renovation and tackled another other project before heading outside to do some exterior work.  Needless to say I got far more done than I originally intended and I was just thrilled about it.  My plans for the outside of the  motorhome are coming to fruition and I am so excited about it.  I can't wait to show you what I have been doing.

 



Prepper Pantry
= Dehydrated green beans.  Vacuum sealed oatmeal packets, stuffing, hot chocolate packets.  Canned goods - pork & beans, green beans, olives, baking powder, tomato sauce, salt, ketchup.

 

Jack napping on the footrest of my recliner

Some of the 15 Minute Chores I accomplished to keep my home in order: 

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - scrubbed sink, vacuumed & mopped floors.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Dining Room - vacuumed floor. 

Kitchen -  vacuumed floor, bleached the sink, cleaned range hood & stove. 

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - vacuumed & dusted.  Scrubbed sink.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Other - two large loads of laundry, vacuumed & dusted living room, hallway & entry.  Swept front porch, deck & tidied the garage.

 

Lots of great projects on my list!


How was your thrifty week?

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...