Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Small Home Improvement Project - Our Backyard Deck Part 2


The pergola is complete!  And we absolutely love it.  So happy to finally have this structure added onto our back deck.  It offers just the right amount of light filtering without making our living room dark at all.

 


We were able to get this project constructed over a period of four days, two of which were work days so just a couple hours available, but it really went together pretty quick.

 



We acquired our supplies and stained all of our wood on Saturday.  I even sprayed the brackets with black spray paint so they would blend in and not stick out like a sore thumb.  Speaking of which there were no sore thumbs due to this project.

 


I opted to use PVC lattice on top for a couple reasons.  Number one being that I did not relish the idea of staining wood lattice at all.  The other was for the look of it and the durability.

 


Once the pergola was complete we cleaned up our tools and construction mess and I moved our stored lumber and supplies.  Then we put the patio furniture back in place and we are enjoying it immensely.  I still have loads of ideas of more things to do out here, but for now I am just really happy with it.

 

 


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Make sure you set aside plenty of time to actually enjoy sitting out there 💖

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pvc lattice. I had some I dragged out of someone's garbage. It lasted me for years and years. Your patio looks really nice and like it could be enjoyed for years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I have a screen enclosure that needs re-screening ugh. I don't think even handy you could do it LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...