Monday, June 1, 2020

Last Week's Thrifty Moves


After a very busy Saturday I decided to take it easy on Sunday and not work as hard as what I have been.  I slept in until 9:00!  Then I spent a great deal of time writing, financial planning and organizing a few things.  I did a load of laundry, reloaded the dehydrator with more sliced apples to dry and I re-organized our hall closet.  For meals we reheated leftovers and pretty much cleaned up the odds and ends in the refrigerator.

 

Monday morning the weather was perfect and after grabbing a freshly brewed cup of coffee I opened our back door and listened to the birds chirping.  It seemed like the right time to plant our garden beds so I got dressed and got myself busy turning soil and preparing the raised beds.  I am happy to report our garden is in and fingers are crossed.

 

Blueberries!

Tuesday morning I awoke to rain so the garden got a good soaking overnight and my tomato starts were no worse for wear.  In fact, they seemed kind of happy in their new home.  Later in the day I found an item I've been searching for for a very long time.  I'm super excited to start this new project and add this particular item to our home.  You'll have to wait, however, to find out exactly what I'm talking about.  And you won't believe how much I paid for it either.  Unreal!

 

Sneak peek! 😁

Wednesday I got up early and headed off to Home Depot with my gift card to pick up supplies for a couple of projects we have on the docket as well as my latest acquisition.  I am so excited to get started on these projects and to share them with you too!  Once I got home I got right to work the acquisition, picking up where I left off on Tuesday evening.  I worked really hard all day Wednesday and Thursday and was able to get that project completed.  Whoo hooo!  It's a biggie too so you'll understand, I'm sure, if you  have to wait until the "big reveal".

 

This transformation is going to be amazing!!  I can hardly wait! 😄

Friday and Saturday was dedicated to outdoor home improvement projects.  I am sooooo very excited about this!  Finally, the backyard of my dreams is about to be realized.  I've only had to wait 25 years for this!  Holy cow.  It is going to be really nice though once it is done.  I will have loads of new home improvement posts to share with all of you this summer.  No doubt about that.

 

Jack was a HUGE help

Additionally, I mended a hole in a pair of knit pants I have and plan to use as my project around the house pants.  I also darned a sock.

 

More apples made it into our dehydrator

I made two batches of foaming hand soap solution to refill the dispensers in our kitchen and downstairs bathroom.  I used a tablespoons of Warm Vanilla Sugar shower gel stirred into a cup of warm water for each batch.  It works perfectly.

 

With my Prime membership I watched a boatload of Star Trek episodes while working on my various projects through the week.  Even the movies got some play in the evenings when we were too tuckered out to do much else.

 

It was a really busy week so I did just the minimum with my chores last week.  Some of the 15 Minute Chores I accomplished to keep my home in order: 

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - vacuumed floors.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Dining Room - vacuumed & spot mopped  floor. 

Kitchen -  vacuumed & spot mopped floor, scrubbed sink, cleaned stovetop. 

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - vacuumed & dusted.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Other - three large loads of laundry, vacuumed & dusted living room, hallway & entry, washed living room window inside & out.  Swept front porch, swept & tidied the garage, swept driveway.

 

It was a great week to accomplish some of these!


How was your thrifty week?

 


4 comments:

  1. My week was super thrifty. I did not walk into a single store nor a single online purchase (which I do rarely anyway).

    We did treat ourselves to a nice Mexican meal Friday night at a place that is doing a terrific job of distancing and cleaning between customers as well as a bowl of ice cream out on Saturday to celebrate hubster's birthday.

    So for us, a very thrifty week! Today, I'm making a variety of salads for meals this week: mac salad, broccoli salad and Greek Salad. Yum! They each go with anything else for a meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You had a great thrifty week Elle. The salads sound wonderful.

      Delete
  2. I cannot wait to see your completed projects. I am living off chicken in many forms and salad.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...