Monday, August 24, 2020

Last Week's Thrifty Moves

 


Our week zipped by in a blink and before I knew it, it was the weekend again  It has been very hot outside and also very smoky from some wild fires we have burning in our state as well as in Oregon.  It has made for some eerie and apocalyptic landscapes lately with a blood red sun in the sky as I drive into work each morning.  Most days you can't even see the foothills.

 


School began on Monday for my youngest and they are going online for the time being.  My oldest began her sophomore year of college on Wednesday and they are online as well.  Not at all what any of us were hoping for, but we will make it work.  Along with school both girls are still working at the grocery store too.

 


Tuesday I sold one of the vintage patterns I had put up for sale on eBay.  Yay!  Now I hope the rest will sell.

 


Wednesday I sat down with my planner and my laptop to finalize a shopping list and figure out where I was going to shop. I had yet to do much in the way of grocery shopping at this point.  I perused the ads as well as the coupons.com site.  I loaded several digital coupons onto my store rewards cards and printed out nine paper coupons which allowed me to buy three boxes of breakfast cereal for the girls and six jars of Skippy Natural peanut butter for dirt cheap.  Super chunk!  You can probably guess where the peanut butter is going.  Yep, the prepper pantry.  Not at all worried it will go to waste the way my girls eat peanut butter.

 


Thursday evening I went to Cash and Carry to pick up cream for my keto coffees and a dessert I have planned as well as some rice noodles for the young one.  On the way home we stopped in at Fred Meyer and Albertsons for some sales items, the cereal and peanut butter.  I used coupons along with the sales items to shave even more off the price.  I also had paper and digital coupons for a couple FREE items.  I also grabbed up a whole roasted chicken they had marked down in the deli.

 


I went ahead and planned out a two week meal plan.  I admit I haven't been my best at meal planning lately.  I know I need to do better.  Meal planning and meal prepping make my life a whole lot easier.  I also had some good ideas of ways to use up that deli chicken I had just bought.

 


After work on Friday I went to Winco to pick up some fresh produce and fill in the gaps with a few items I was low on.  I wasn't able to get everything on my list last week simply because the stores didn't have it or the price has shot up so much I didn't think I needed it that bad.

 

Yummy breakfast!


Saturday was a quiet day for me to relax and do some planning, financial planning, writing ad just putter about the house a bit.  Nothing overly eventful, just a nice pleasant day.  I used some of the deli chicken to make chicken Caesar salads for supper.  That with a little glass of wine made for a lovely and simple evening meal.

 

Freebies!

I worked some more overtime last week.  I have another Amazon cart I'm working on so that extra money will be used to pay for my next purchase.

 

We watched free movies on Youtube and used our Amazon Prime membership to watch a few TV shows included with our membership.

 


We did not have any food waste last week.  I put up five packages of beaten eggs in the freezer.   I washed out a few ziploc bags to reuse and that was pretty much about it.

 

Prepper Pantry = eggs, peanut butter, cornstarch, chili powder, lemon pepper, pudding mix.

 


Some of the 15 Minute Chores I accomplished to keep my home in order: 

Laundry Room & Half Bathroom - vacuumed floors.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Dining Room - vacuumed & spot mopped  floor. 

Kitchen -  vacuumed & spot mopped floor, cleaned sink & stove. 

Bedrooms & Main Bathroom - vacuumed & dusted.  Scrubbed sink.  Daily swish & swipe. 

Other - two large loads of laundry, vacuumed & dusted living room, hallway & entry.  Swept front porch & garage.

 


How was your thrifty week?

 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you did a fantastic job! Menu planning definitely makes life easier. You are more organized on the rest than I am these days. I need to add a frugal post day to my blog each week. Hope you have a great week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha. I do find my frugal postings help me a a lot to stay that way. A little accountability, if you will. :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...