Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Prepper Pantry - About What I Am Doing…

 


I began putting our prepper pantry together back in April.  We discussed as a family the reasons why we felt it would be a good idea to have one based on recent events that occurred in March and the aftermath of that still going on in April.  As with anything I undertake, especially a large project such as this one, I research, research, research as much as I can.  I take other people's experiences, opinions and suggestions into account and then I come up with my own plan that works for us.

 


I mapped it all out on paper and I came up with a lot of lists and then I strategized to figure out not only how I was going to accumulate the items on my list, but in what order, what timeline, what the process would be and of course, how I would pay for it.  Then I got to work.

 


For the most part this has been my project alone.  The girls have helped some, but the vast majority of this has been my own journey and I am thoroughly enjoying the process and the peace of mind it brings me knowing that in a time of crisis I am doing something positive and productive.

 


This has been a learning process for me.  I am completely new to prepping with only five months of experience under my belt and in that time I have managed to do quite a bit.  Far more than I ever imagined.  I'm really happy about it and very glad I made the decision to become a prepper.

 


I have thoroughly enjoyed sharing my prepping journey with all of you and I am really glad that so many have shown an interest in what I have been doing.  Because I am so new to this I certainly do not claim to be any kind of expert nor do I expect anyone to do things the way I am doing them.  As with anything you should always do your own research, weigh and measure that information and decide for yourself what you want to do and how you want to do it.  Even if it's wrong.  At the end of the day the choice is yours and yours alone.

 


Sharing parts of my life with you has helped me grow in ways I never could have foreseen.  Your kind comments and encouragement have fueled me to keep on going, learning and growing, especially in my prepping journey.  I've never understood the mentality behind people that want to post comments that are mean, hyper critical, judgmental, or just plain rude.  I don't allow those kinds of comments to post on my blog and they get deleted.  My blog is a place for enjoyment, encouragement and happiness.  If that doesn't meet your criteria I recommend you move along.  For the rest of us we're going to hang around and have a good time.

 


So whether it is prepping, cleaning the house, cooking, grocery shopping, building something or working on a vintage motorhome, we still have a lot to do around here!  Thank you to all of those who want to come along on this continuing journey of mine.

 

12 comments:

  1. Always so happy to hear how you're doing with your plans! Thanks for taking us along on the journey :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you want to tag along Brooke. Have a fabulous day!

      Delete
  2. I for one am really enjoying seeing your preparations. You have given me lots of great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there!

    I absolutely adore your blog. I have learned so much from you about managing my time and resources. Your generosity in sharing your expertise and experience is truly remarkable.

    I also enjoy the window onto your life. It has been a pleasure and a privilege to watch your daughters growing from cute and clever little girls into beautiful, talented and industrious young women.

    I will be reading along and relishing every word for as long as you care to blog (a very long time, I hope).

    Hugs!

    Heloise XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. I follow few blogs, but yours is my first read each morning. You have encouraged ME!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoy your blog!! I'm frugal because of necessity. I'm single so it's just my income. I love nice things in my home, so I'm creative in repurposing my used purchases. I love watching what you are doing in your home. Your home is beautiful and I enjoying learning new ways to recreate something. Keep up the good work !!


    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I've been reading your blog on and off for years. I'm sorry to hear you have trolls. We all do. I deleted a 3 year old, successful channel and a 5 year old blog when I tired of the haters and trolls. I just started up both again because I found the inner strength to keep loving my work and community and ignore the nasties. There are only a handful compared to the thousands that love our work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate. I think it is inevitable that a blogger will get nasty comments left for them. I try not to allow them to steal my joy. :o)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...