Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Outfitting Laverne - Bedroom Storage Bins

 


The real fun is working to outfit Laverne with all the goodies, bells and whistles I want her to have.  Last month I had picked up four of the cloth collapsible storage bins at Dollar Tree to keep books, pajamas and other clothing in.  The upper bunk area is my "bedroom" so since there isn't the space for a dresser or closet I figured these bins would the perfect solution.




On their own the bins look nice but I wanted to add just a touch of pizzazz to them.  Even though the only one that will see these is me that is all that matters.  I had some scraps of fabric in my stash so I cut them to size with about 3/4" extra overhang all the way around.

 



I sprayed the cardboard side of the bottom insert with spray adhesive and used Allene's Tacky Glue to secure the edges and corners down.  Once they were dry I set them in the bottom of each bin and then placed them up in the bunk.

 


I like that they are collapsible and fold up really small when not in use and when open they fit perfectly in the area between the mattress and front wall.  I think they look really cute and add a nice little touch of something.

 


Super easy no-sew project that anyone can do and for me, because I used all items I already had non hand, it was a no cost project too.

 

4 comments:

  1. The fabric inside really makes the baskets look special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That is exactly what I was trying to achieve. :0)

      Delete
  2. What a great idea. Those nifty little baskets have lots of good uses. I have looked at them countless times at Dollar tree but I would not buy them because I wasn't sure exactly what I would do with them. I am thinking they would make better project holders for crafts/quilts than cardboard boxes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been using them in our craft center and they have been wonderful. I bought three more to do up and put into Laverne since I have some extra space. Can't have too much storage. :o)

      http://thriftymominboise.blogspot.com/2019/11/our-new-crafting-center.html

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...