Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Laverne - Taillights & Her Rear End

 


After striping the passenger side I moved on to the back of my motorhome.  I got started by first removing the spare tire cover and the spare tire.

 



I decided to take the taillights apart and clean them out really good as they were full of dirt.  





The ground wire connectors were rusted so I gave them a good clean and lubed them with a little dab of petroleum jelly before screwing them back in place.

 



I replaced a couple of bulbs that were looking a bit tired as well as the license plate light that had completely rusted with a brand new one.  



Before


After!

I also repainted the taillight covers and the license plate holder.

 


Before I put everything all back together I got the stripes taped off and over the course of a two days got those repainted the same as the passenger side.

 

Before

After!

I even spruced up the two outlets.

 


Look how shiny she is!



The taillights went back together and the entire back end from top to bottom was cleaned and give two coats of wax.

 


I am still undecided what I want to do to the bumper and the spare tire rack as well as the spare tire cover.  The one I have is big and bulky and I'm contemplating replacing it with just a vinyl tire cover.

 


The spare tire rack isn't very pretty right now so I will likely paint it.  The bumper and receiver hitch could use some love too.  Both of those projects may end up waiting until next year however as I seem to be running low on time these days.  But, you never know.  We'll just have to wait and see.

 

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! You are a woman of many talents and an amazing role model for your girls.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan. She is starting to really come along. :)

      Delete
  2. You mean "still UNdecided," don't you?
    I am amazed at how good she is looking!

    Does the beer bottle mean you're making beer again? Could you give us a recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently I need you as my editor! LOL

      That's a store bought beer I'm afraid. This girl hasn't had time to brew lately.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...