Thursday, August 27, 2020

My Thrifty Grocery Budget 2020 - August

 


I haven't posted a monthly grocery budget in a very long time and I apologize for that.  I know a lot of you really like these posts and admittedly I have dropped the ball on these.  I've been so focused on establishing my prepper pantry that my regular grocery shopping hasn't been much to write home about.  But this month I got my rear in gear, printed out my pantry list, did an inventory, did a meal plan and made a nice big shopping list.  Then I perused the grocery ads, downloaded a heap of digital coupons and even clipped a few paper ones to use too.

 

Not a big haul, but it was a start


My normal grocery budget for a family of three is $150.00 for food and $25.oo for our non food items.  I was able to keep to my budget coming in way under so that makes me super happy.  I spent $15.98 at the beginning of the month on some nonfood items - toilet paper, light bulbs and some laundry supplies.  I got the toilet paper on sale at Albertsons and the rest of my purchases came from Dollar Tree so it was pretty easy to stay within budget that way.

 

Combined shop at Cash & Carry, Fred Meyer & Albertsons

It took me four stores and two evenings after work to complete my big monthly grocery shop but I got it done.  I almost feel like I don't shop anymore as much as I go hunting for good.  I did do a couple smaller shops a week prior purchasing sales, markdown and loss leader items.

 

My Winco haul

Here is the list of food I bought this month:

 


$108.48 ÷ 31 days ÷3 people = $1.17 per person per day!!  Way under budget!!!



I'm not unhappy at all with my final totals.  We are very well stocked so moving on into September my plan is to pick up more items I find on sale and markdown.  I'll check online for digital and printable coupons too.  I should be able to keep my grocery spending pretty low.

 

I got this yogurt smoothie and the Pop Tarts for FREE!

Are you noticing some higher prices and shortages in your area?  How did you do with your grocery spending?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...