Friday, August 28, 2020

Wrapping Up A Thrifty August

 


I began August with a mere $5 in checking and about $30 plus change in my wallet.  The car had just under an eighth of a tank in it and the truck was pretty much full.  Plus!  I had already paid this month's power bill a week earlier in July because I had the extra money to do so.  I'd say that is a pretty decent way to start a new month!

 


My first paycheck was pretty much free and clear and it was a hefty one because not only did it have some overtime on it but it was also a longer pay period so there was an extra day of pay too.  Love those paydays!  I paid off my credit card expenses from school clothes shopping with my daughter last month and kept out a small amount before hucking the rest into savings.  Mid month I paid all of our monthly bills and the mortgage (along with some extra toward the principal) well ahead of schedule, added some more to savings and bought groceries.

 


This month I picked up the groceries we needed and stayed well under budget.  We didn't need much for our everyday use so I kept it pretty lean.  I primarily purchased sale and loss leader items which helped me keep the overall amount I spent quite low.  I used my overtime earnings again this month to invest in some items for our prepper pantry by placing an Amazon order for a few dry food bulk items and stocking up on chicken feed.

 


Right now I am doing my best to spend the least amount possible in order to sock away as much as I can into savings, stock up for the coming winter and keep us debt free.  If it means living like paupers for a while then it is completely worth it.  That sacrifice allows me to meet all of our needs while preparing for our future and that peace of mind is absolutely priceless.

 

4 comments:

  1. I never mind living like a pauper when it is my idea and I have a goal to reach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great month! I totally can vouch for the "live like a pauper" method of success. It works!

    Hope you have a terrific weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it really is. Hope you have a great weekend as well. :)

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...