Wednesday, April 7, 2021

What's On The Menu? - Meal Plan #4

 


So far meal planning this year has been going great.  Each month I have planned out twelve meals for us to make based solely off of items we already have in our pantry and freezer.  Sometimes we even make those same meals twice in one month.  I’m finding too that I am not making everything on the list so I have loads of meal ideas and the ingredients to carry over into future meal plans.  This is working better than I imagined.  So here is what is on the plan for April:



Tuna Casserole (my daughter loves this)

Roast Chicken, Potatoes & Gravy, Broccoli – Easter Dinner

Hamburgers & French Fries

Chicken Noodle Soup

Spaghetti & Meatballs

Chef Salad

Egg Roll In A Bowl

Pizza

Tacos or Taco Salad

BLT Sandwich

Pork Stir Fry

Grilled Cheese Sandwich & Tomato Soup (I love this!)

 


We already had our Easter dinner and it was delicious!  I even made deviled eggs, because you just have to have those.  I think I’ve got some really good options here.  Do any of you meal plan like this?  What is on the menu at your house?

 

 

6 comments:

  1. We love egg roll in a bowl. We serve ours with cilantro & roasted peanuts, to add a bit of crunch. Coleslaw mix is expensive where we shop, so I typically make my own.

    We're having kebabs & rice, grilled chicken & ravioli (x2 for both of those) & then a planned splurge takeout of Greek food on Thursday, as my parents are arriving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan a rough idea of meals I can make in a given period, usually about 1 - 2 weeks in advance. Like you, I base this on what we have in the freezer and pantry, and what sales may spring up. A list of meals is a simply an idea. Typically, (especially during the week) the exact meal is planned shortly after school lets out, as the day and its plan has fully unfolded by then. It's not unusual for a meat loaf and mashed potatoes meal to turn into spaghetti and meat sauce, for instance, if the day got out of control. The next two weeks are perfect examples--I offered to take the neighbor's 8 year-old for a few hours after school next week, as well as all day on Saturday. I'll switch "sit-at-the-table" meals to "enjoy-it-at-the-counter-on-your-own-time" type meals for those days. (Tuna casserole, meatballs in cocktail sauce, chili and homemade calzones.) Typically, I have about a dozen standard meals I make over the course of a month. We don't mind eating the same thing over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How nice of you to help your neighbor out. Your meal ideas sound wonderful.

      Delete
  3. I make a menu just for my sanity. Then when Dh asks whats for supper I have an answer, but if he declines what I say, there are other options. We too have plenty of food in the pantry and freezers and I'm only buying a few pantry staples (flour & sugar); dairy and produce these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes we're not in the mood for what is on the plan so we keep it pretty flexible. I'm not buying much at the stores these days either.

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...