Thursday, April 29, 2021

April $100 Grocery Budget 2021

 


Groceries took on a greater place of importance for me this month as I heal from my latest health predicament.  I do truly believe that food is medicine so having plenty of good, nutritious and healthy meal options was a top priority.

 


We didn't need anything nonfood related so my $25 budget for those items remained largely untouched.  I did pick up two packages of sanitizing wipes for the prepper pantry that I found on markdown for only 69¢ each.  With only $1.38 total spent I pushed the remaining $23.62 right into my savings account.  Love it!

 

My only nonfood purchase this month

I began my $100 grocery budget this month with $142.44 because I didn't spend my total budgeted amount in February or March.  I rolled those extra funds over and added it to my new budgeted amount.  There were some really good sales on my favorite yogurt so I took advantage of that and stocked up.

 

A big markdown haul from Fred Meyer

After everything was totaled up for the month of April I came in at $136.79 leaving me with $5.65 left to roll over and add it to my $100 budget for May.  That is a good amount to start off with next month and I am still really pleased with how well we are doing with our grocery and non food spending.  So far this year I have spent a total of $394.35 on food and $55.91 on nonfood household items.

 

Discounted produce was a big part of my budget


We've had more than enough produce to enjoy throughout the month, lots of healthy main dishes, leftovers for our lunches each day and plenty of good variety.  We're also staying mindful to use up items so they don't spoil or expire and are keeping our food waste to a minimum.

 

6 comments:

  1. I SO wish we could get the deals you find!! Our prices are going up and up - it is getting really bad in California. A small bag of groceries a friend of mine bought (no meat, basically stock up staples) cost her $82....she almost fainted in the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness. We're seeing prices on the rise here too. Thankfully I can still find bargains.

      Delete
  2. That is cute. My main problem with boiling eggs is I forget them. I do eat the overdone boiled eggs. Does this appliance turn itself off?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I turns off and sounds an alarm which is pretty obnoxious. No worries about forgetting!

      Delete

Your kind comments are always appreciated. I love hearing from you.

**Note: Comment Moderation has been turned on due to spam.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...